Find or create a simple WebQuest
- Find a webquest: http://webquest.org/index.php
- Example: A WebQuest for Registered Nursing Students and Maternal-Child Nursing http://www.msu.edu/user/brubak29/PregnancyWebQuest.htm
- Develop/create your own: A webquest about creating a webquest http://www.bernardsboe.com/wams/academics/isaacs/webquests/index.html
Provide Web resources to explore
- Does your text book publisher provide any online resources? If so, how can you integrate them in the course to promote learning and retention?
- Do your own research using Google to find online resources.
- What do you want your students to do with these web resources?
Have students create email accounts
- Have students sign up for a gmail email account: http://www.gmail.com
- Send students a weekly tip or a synthesis of a discussion item from class.
- Send website links for them to explore and later discuss in class.
- Send them reminders about quizzes, tests and reading assignments.
- Ask them for feedback as a formative classroom assessment technique.
Use Jeopardy for in class exam reviews
- Templates are available online, here are just a couple good ones:
- Have students create questions in groups then select a handful of questions to use in the Jeopardy template.
- Fill in the template and use it for an exam review.