- developed a workshop wiki for teaching my college's Health Sciences division about the many ways to use Glogster for learning/assessment: https://sites.google.com/site/noboringassignments/
- Then I started gathering examples of Glogsters.....realizing that there was a bit of a deficit in higher education examples, I got to thinking.....
- I needed to create a legitimate higher ed example! Being that I have formed a book club at my college to read and discuss "DIY U" by Anya Kamenetz, I thought I would use my "reading comprehension/verification" assignment as an example. I read the introduction and Chapter 1 and then proved that I read it by creating a Glogster media-rich collage that depicted the main concepts discussed in these chapters:
The long and the short of it is.....I LEARNED SO MUCH BY DOING THIS! If I had to write up notes or even a paragraph to prove that I read and understood these chapters, I would have been bored out of my mind. So, three things were learned here:
- I expended more time and effort doing this and therefore learned DEEPER.
- I actually cared enough to expend the extra effort because the outcome was something "pretty" or as my good friend and colleague, Shelley Rodrigo, says: "it was refrigerator door worthy!"
- I learned MORE because I had to make my summary visual -- i.e. had to metaphorically think about images to include as well as find literal images that depicted the concepts.