Thursday, July 24, 2008

Facebook annoys me

Anybody out there find some of the features in Facebook annoying???? Before Facebook, I was a faithful MySpace user and abuser. I loved to pimp my page with fun HTML coding and add various pictures of me and my family. I found it was a great way to stay in touch with my circle of friends....it even helped me stay in touch with people I wouldn't normally stay in touch with. Neat-o! I decided about a year ago that I needed to explore Facebook as I am an instructional technologist that needs to stay abreast of teaching technologies. I got my account.....and just never really grew very attached to it. In fact, I loathed the thought of updating my page. I got sooooooo irritated with all the "pokes" and "waves" and "cocktails" and other sorts of various requests and notifications that I was receiving. My goodness.....who cares about all those things? What I loved about MySpace (comments, blogs, personal connections, messages, etc....) just never came to fruition on my Facebook page. Am I partially to blame? I found it very cumbersome to try and maintain the environment I had in my Myspace account in my Facebook account. Nevertheless.....those stupid notifications just get on my nerves!

9 comments:

Lisa Young said...

I have the exact same sentiments - all of the cutesie games and stuff kind of bother me - I don't really have time to collect stickers, etc. I also love pimping out my myspace profile and wish I could do the same to my facebook. What I have found is that many of the people that I want to connect with are on facebook and that is why I end up spending so much time there... thanks for vocalizing what I have been thinking...

Laura Ballard said...

That's funny Lisa, I thought I was the only one! Then I began to think I was just getting old and boring :).

CJ Anderso said...

LOL I am SOOO glad to read this as well. I hate doing cutsey stuff and find the demand for constant attention on face book to be not worth the type of relationship return I am looking for.

While I havent done so much on Myspace as you all - still I much prefer it!

suthersan said...

lol.. am glad to know that am not alone.. :) i earlier used orkut which was kinda simple to use and just served the purpose. But now i think the facebook culture is infecting other social networking sites too.. more than the excitement in searching for your friend, the so called "goodies" of facebook IRRITATES me.

Anonymous said...

Superb assignment! We have recently been trying to find subject areas nearly as exciting as all of this. Looking towards your next article.

Anonymous said...

This information afflicted me with a fantastic thought about this subject. Wonderful work. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Beneficial write-up! Works to make full good sense. And therefore was in fact obvious to see to boot.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a fantastic article that helped me to along the way, I'm thankful for all your labor in studying along with penning this blog

Anonymous said...

Truly easy to understand details. Thanks!