Web 2.0 Students
· YouTube Video produced by Mike Wesch, Cultural Anthropology Faculty at Kansas State Univeristy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCJ46vyR9o
What IS YouTube?
· Video sharing website where users can upload, view and share video clips. (wikipedi.com)
· Sharing….Social Networking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a_KF7TYKVc
How can YouTube work for ME?
· Help illustrate a dynamic or hard to explain concept:
o Do a keyword search in the Search field…
- Have students locate video that illustrates dynamic or hard to explain concepts – analyze the sources in class, or have the students evaluate them as sources. Create a rubric for them to use.
- Have students produce video and post it on YouTube
- Two students use a simple webcam hooked up to a computer to sing a DNA Replication Song they wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIZpb93NYlw
- Showcase your program, facilities, and student work.
of Art & Design uses this video to demonstrate some basic skills is first year students will learn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er2-q86kJ9s&feature=PlayList&p=B3607250CA957970&index=0 Otis College
& Design uses this video to showcase their library: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS28qydjfsg collegeof Art
- Have students create YouTube accounts and use the social network tools to connect with others in their disciplines
- Subscribe to a users videos to get notification of new videos
- Become “friends” with other users that have content you find useful
- Explore “friends” of “friends”