- In the address bar of an internet browser, type: del.icio.us
- Press Enter
- Click on the Register link in the upper-right corner of the page
- Fill in the initial account information and click Register
- If on a personal computer, install the buttons & then restart your browser.
- Step three is a quick “button tutorial” and also gives you your direct web address to your saved pages in Del.icio.us!
- Now, browse to your favorite professional website.
- Once there, click the Del.icio.us button to tag the website.
- The “Annotation” window will display – enter pertinent information:
A few notes on annotating websites:
· URL: This field will autofill with the site’s web address
· Description: This field typically autofills with the web site’s title
· Notes: Explanation of site, how is it valuable to you?
· Tags: keyword identifiers that can be used as filters to find important websites you’ve saved.
Use the “social” features of Del.icio.us
- Link to users that have also saved the sites you’ve saved
- Add a user to your network
- Add a subscription to your account (user plus tag)
Add a website to your account when you don’t have access to your personal/work computer:
- Navigate to a website you would like to save.
- Copy the web address by highlighting the address in the address bar and pressing CTRL + C.
- Navigate and login to your del.icio.us account.
- Click the post button located below your username in the top-left corner.
- Paste the web address in the URL box that displays by pressing CTRL + V.
- Click the Save button at the end of the box.
- Annotate the website.